28 WAYS TO USE VIDEO ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Here’s something you probably don’t know about me…
I’ve always wanted to be a TV presenter.
As a kid, my parents would let me and my sisters watch their favourite TV shows with them in the evening and I’d go to bed dreaming of being the next Delia Smith or David Attenborough… inspiring other’s to get enthusiastic about a topic and spark their interest and learning.
Over the years that passed I had glimpses of what it was like to be in front of the camera… right up to my last job where I co-presented craft training videos with amazing older people in London (including making home made face masks and modelling them on screen. See evidence below!)
I even got the chance to be on a popular prime time TV show here in the UK a couple of years back which was pretty cool.
Do you know what’s even cooler?
I get to be a ‘TV presenter’ and live out my childhood dream of inspiring and teaching people through video every single day in my business.
And not just that, it’s making me money too – through new client enquiries who want to work with me now they’ve gotten to really know, like & trust me through my videos to £1500 of passive income sales in the last 2 weeks from my video that went viral.
And if that doesn’t convince you that video is seriously powerful right now, let me tell you this. Video content on average reaches 135% more people on Facebook than photos. That’s a huge FREE opportunity for your business.
I want you to know that if you’re hearing crickets on your social media posts or just not getting the results you want, video could change everything for you.
Now, if you’re thinking “I don’t like being on camera” or “I’m scared I’ll say something stupid and fluff my words” or “what if I my mind goes blank?!” or “who’d want to listen to me anyway?”…
I have 3 things to tell you
1) You might fluff up. Or say something stupid. I do all the time, but I’m still enjoying and benefitting from using video and my audience don’t care (in fact they tell me they like how real I am and that I’m not polished and perfect)
2) You won’t know until you try and the first attempt is often the scariest. It gets easier and easier (and more and more fun) the more you do it.
3) You don’t have to do face-to-camera to use video successfully in your business. I’ve got 28 Ways to Use Video On Social Media listed below, and I’m pretty sure at least 1 of them you could try right now….
28 Ways to Use Video On Social Media
1. Create a screenshare video and teach your audience how to use a piece of software or do something online related to your business
2. Interview a client
3. Film a timelapse video of you making or transforming something
4. Shoot a slow motion video of a cool product feature
5. Get a drone to film your premises or event from the sky
6. Get your team or staff to introduce themselves on camera
7. Ask clients to record their own video testimonials
8. Create a gif (an animated short clip) or your product or you in action
9. Film yourself teaching something using only a whiteboard
10. Film a before and after
11. Create a photo montage related to your business
12. Do an office or premises guided tour
13. Film a day in the life of you, running your business
14. Create a stop motion
15. Introduce your product or offer by video
16. Unbox something on camera
17. Film video vox pops at the next event you attend
18. Record a demo of your product in action
19. Show the making of… behind the scenes
20. Video a talk you’re giving
21. Run a webinar and teach something
22. Share a few tips quickly on live stream
23. Tell your story (this is great for an about page on your website!)
24. Conduct a video Q&A
25. Make an announcement by video
26. Do a 360 degree tour of your premises
27. Welcome people to your Facebook group or page by video
28. Lip sync or have a dance break by video
Find out more about how Jen can help you via her website, here.